What is a Hand Vacuum Cleaner?
A hand vacuum cleaner is a small, portable cleaning device that is designed to clean smaller, hard-to-reach spaces. It is also known as a handheld vacuum and is usually rechargeable, cordless, and lightweight. The hand vacuum cleaner is ideal for picking up small spills, removing dirt and dust from furniture, cleaning car interiors, and cleaning stairs.
Types of Hand Vacuum Cleaners
There are two types of hand vacuum cleaners, the corded and cordless models. The corded hand vacuum cleaner requires a power outlet to operate, and the cordless version works on rechargeable batteries. Cordless models are more versatile and easier to use, but they have a shorter battery life, and they need to be recharged often.
What is the Average Price of a Hand Vacuum Cleaner?
The average price of a hand vacuum cleaner varies depending on the brand, type, and features. Typically, the price ranges from $20 to $150. Basic models with less suction power and fewer features cost around $20-$50, while high-end models with powerful motorized brushes and HEPA filters cost $100-$150.
Factors that Influence Hand Vacuum Cleaner Prices
The price of a hand vacuum cleaner is dependent on several features:
- Suction power: Hand vacuum cleaners with higher suction power are typically more expensive.
- Battery life: Cordless models with longer battery life cost more.
- Filter type: Models with HEPA filters, which trap small particles and allergens, are usually more expensive.
- Attachments: More attachments, such as crevice tools, extension hoses, and multiple cleaning heads, result in a higher price.
- Brand: Popular brands like Dirt Devil, Black and Decker, and Bissell have higher prices than lesser-known brands.
Hand vacuum cleaners are essential cleaning devices for cleaning smaller spaces and hard-to-reach areas. Cordless hand vacuum cleaners are more versatile, but they have a shorter battery life and cost more. The average price of a hand vacuum cleaner varies from $20 to $150, depending on the brand, features, and attachments. Buyers should consider the suction power, battery life, filter type, attachments, and brand when choosing a hand vacuum cleaner that meets their cleaning needs and budget.