The popularity of griddles for outdoor cooking
Griddles have gained popularity for outdoor cooking as they allow for versatile cooking, more space, and less mess. They are a great alternative to traditional grills, especially for those who love to cook breakfast, stir-fry, or sear meat. When it comes to buying a griddle, there are many options available in the market. However, certain factors need to be considered before making the final decision.
There are two types of griddles for outdoor cooking: gas and electric. Gas griddles tend to be more popular due to their ease of use, quick heat-up time, and more control over the temperature. Electric griddles are known for their portability and are a great option for those who like to cook outdoors but do not have access to a gas line. They can also be used indoors, making them a versatile option.
1. Blackstone 1554 Griddle – This gas griddle is a top pick for outdoor enthusiasts. It has four burners with a large cooking area, making it perfect for cooking for a crowd. It also has a built-in grease management system, making cleaning up after cooking a breeze.
2. Camp Chef Flat Top Grill – This gas griddle has a large cooking space with four burners and a removable flat top for easy cleaning. It also comes with a propane tank holder and side shelves for added convenience.
3. Presto Tilt ‘n Drain Big Griddle – This electric griddle is perfect for those who want a portable option for outdoor cooking. It has a large cooking surface, adjustable temperature control, and a tilt feature that allows for easy draining of excess grease.
When choosing a griddle for outdoor cooking, consider the following:
- Size and cooking space – Consider the number of people you will be cooking for and the space available for the griddle.
- Heat source – Determine if you want a gas or electric griddle based on your needs and available resources.
- Features – Look for built-in grease management systems, side shelves, and temperature control to make outdoor cooking even easier.
- Portability – If you plan on taking your griddle to tailgate parties or camping trips, choose a griddle that is easy to transport.
- Price – Griddles can range from a few hundred dollars to over a thousand dollars. Determine your budget before making a purchase.
Griddles are a great option for outdoor cooking due to their versatility and ease of use. When choosing a griddle, consider the size, heat source, features, portability, and price. Some of the top griddles for outdoor cooking are the Blackstone 1554 Griddle, Camp Chef Flat Top Grill, and Presto Tilt ‘n Drain Big Griddle. Whichever griddle you choose, it is sure to elevate your outdoor cooking experience.