Satisfy Your Cravings with a Quick and Easy Snail Dish
Snails may not be the first thing that comes to mind when you think of quick and easy dishes, but they can actually be quite simple to prepare and incredibly delicious. If you’re looking to try something new and want to impress your family and friends with a unique and flavorful dish, look no further. In this article, we will recommend a snail dish that is both quick and easy to make, allowing you to satisfy your cravings in no time.
Introducing Escargot à la Bourguignonne
One of the most popular snail dishes around the world is Escargot à la Bourguignonne. This classic French recipe takes tender and succulent snails and pairs them with a rich garlic and herb butter sauce. Despite its fancy name, this dish is surprisingly easy to make and requires just a few simple ingredients. Here’s how you can recreate this French delicacy in your own kitchen:
Ingredients You’ll Need
- 30-40 canned or frozen snails
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 4 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
1. Preheat your oven to 400°F (200°C).
2. In a small mixing bowl, combine the softened butter, minced garlic, chopped parsley, salt, black pepper, and lemon juice. Mix well until all the ingredients are fully incorporated.
3. Drain and rinse the snails, then pat them dry with a paper towel. Place the snails in a separate bowl.
4. Spoon a small amount of the garlic and herb butter mixture into each snail shell, then place a snail on top.
5. Arrange the filled snail shells on a baking dish or escargot plate. If you don’t have an escargot plate, a regular baking dish will work just fine.
6. Place the baking dish in the preheated oven and bake for about 10 minutes, or until the butter is foamy and the snails are heated through.
7. Remove the dish from the oven and let it cool for a few minutes before serving.
8. To enjoy the escargot, use a small fork or an escargot tong to pull the snail out of the shell. Dip the snail in the garlic and herb butter sauce and savor the delectable flavors.
Where to Find Snails?
Now that you have a delicious snail recipe at your disposal, you might be wondering where to find snails. While it is possible to forage for snails in the wild, it can be time-consuming and requires a good knowledge of snail species. It’s much easier to purchase canned or frozen snails from specialty food stores or online retailers. These snails are pre-cleaned and cooked, ready for you to use in your dish. One reputable online source for high-quality canned snails is Escargots de France. They offer a variety of snails suitable for different recipes.
Preparing a quick and easy snail dish, such as Escargot à la Bourguignonne, is a fantastic way to explore new flavors and impress your loved ones with a unique and elegant dish. With just a few simple ingredients and easy-to-follow steps, you can create a restaurant-quality snail dish right in your own kitchen. So don’t hesitate to give it a try and satisfy your cravings for something extraordinary!