Yes, wave setting clips can be used to create volume in the hair
Wave setting clips, also known as hair rollers, can be a great tool for creating volume in the hair. These clips are designed to hold sections of hair in place while they dry, giving the hair a fuller and more voluminous look. Whether you have thin hair that lacks volume or just want to add some extra oomph to your style, wave setting clips can help you achieve the desired look.
How do wave setting clips work?
Wave setting clips work by altering the structure of the hair. When wet hair is wrapped around the clips and allowed to dry, the hair takes on the shape of the clips. This creates waves or curls in the hair, which can add volume and body. The clips also help to lift the hair at the root, giving it added height and fullness. By strategically placing the clips in strategic areas, you can create customized volume and shape for your hair.
Tips for using wave setting clips to create volume
If you want to use wave setting clips to create volume in your hair, here are a few tips to keep in mind:
1. Choose the right size: Wave setting clips come in different sizes, ranging from small to large. For more volume, opt for larger clips as they will create bigger waves and curls. Smaller clips are better suited for creating tighter curls or waves.
2. Start with damp hair: To achieve the best results, start with damp, clean hair. You can either towel dry your hair and then apply a styling product to help hold the shape, or you can set the hair on slightly damp hair and let it air dry.
3. Section the hair: To ensure that you get even volume throughout your hair, section it into smaller sections before applying the wave setting clips. This will allow you to have more control over the placement of the clips and create a more uniform look.
4. Allow enough drying time: The longer you leave the clips in your hair, the more volume you will achieve. It is recommended to leave the clips in for at least a few hours or overnight for the best results. You can use a hairdryer with a diffuser attachment to speed up the drying process.
Other ways to create volume in the hair
While wave setting clips are a great tool for adding volume to the hair, they are not the only option. Here are a few other ways you can create volume in your hair:
1. Backcombing or teasing: Backcombing or teasing the hair is a classic technique for adding volume. Using a fine-toothed comb or teasing brush, gently backcomb sections of hair at the crown of your head. This will create lift and volume. Remember to use a light touch and be gentle to avoid damaging the hair.
2. Using volumizing products: There are many volumizing products available on the market, such as mousses, sprays, and powders. These products work by adding texture and grip to the hair, which can help create volume. Apply the product to the roots of your hair and then use your fingers or a comb to distribute it evenly.
3. Blow-drying with a round brush: Blow-drying your hair with a round brush can also help add volume. Start by applying a volumizing mousse or spray to damp hair. Then, using a round brush, lift the hair at the root and aim the blow dryer at the roots to create lift and volume.
4. Choosing the right haircut: The right haircut can also make a big difference in creating volume in the hair. Opt for layers or a cut with shorter layers at the crown to create natural volume and movement in the hair.
In conclusion, wave setting clips can be a great tool for creating volume in the hair. By using the right size clips, starting with damp hair, sectioning the hair, and allowing enough drying time, you can achieve voluminous waves or curls. However, wave setting clips are not the only option for adding volume to the hair. Backcombing, using volumizing products, blow-drying with a round brush, and choosing the right haircut are other ways to create volume and fullness.