Wave Setting Clips: A Beginner’s Guide to Easy Styling
So you’ve decided to level up your hairstyling game and try out wave setting clips. While they may seem daunting at first, wave setting clips are actually quite easy to use, even for beginners. In this guide, we’ll break down everything you need to know about using wave setting clips and why they are a great tool to achieve effortless waves and curls.
What are wave setting clips?
Wave setting clips, also known as hair curling clips or perm rods, are small plastic or metal clips that are used to create waves and curls in the hair. They typically come in a variety of sizes and are designed to be easy to use, even for those who have never styled their hair before. Wave setting clips are a popular alternative to traditional curling irons or hot rollers, as they do not require any heat and are gentle on the hair.
How to use wave setting clips
Using wave setting clips is a simple process that can be easily mastered by beginners. Here are the steps to using wave setting clips:
- Start with clean, dry hair. Wave setting clips work best on clean, dry hair, so make sure to wash and dry your hair before styling.
- Section your hair. Divide your hair into smaller sections using hair clips or hair ties. The number of sections will depend on the thickness and length of your hair.
- Wrap a section of hair around the wave setting clip. Take a small section of hair and wrap it around the wave setting clip, starting from the ends and working your way up. Secure the clip at the root of your hair to hold the curl in place.
- Repeat for the remaining sections. Continue wrapping sections of hair around wave setting clips until all of your hair is curled.
- Leave the clips in overnight. For best results, leave the wave setting clips in your hair overnight to allow the curls to set. In the morning, gently remove the clips and tousle your hair to loosen the curls.
Benefits of using wave setting clips
There are several benefits to using wave setting clips, especially for beginners:
- No heat damage. Unlike curling irons or hot rollers, wave setting clips do not require any heat, reducing the risk of heat damage to your hair.
- Easy to use. Wave setting clips are designed to be user-friendly, making them a great option for beginners who may not be familiar with hairstyling tools.
- Versatile styling. Wave setting clips can be used to create a variety of hairstyles, from loose waves to tight curls. The different sizes of wave setting clips allow for customization and versatility in your styling.
- Gentle on the hair. Wave setting clips are gentle on the hair, minimizing the risk of breakage or damage.
- Long-lasting results. Once the curls are set, they can last for several days, giving you long-lasting styling without the need for daily heat styling.
Tips for using wave setting clips
Here are some tips to help you get the most out of your wave setting clips:
- Experiment with different sizes. Wave setting clips come in various sizes, so don’t be afraid to experiment and find the size that works best for your desired look.
- Use styling products. Applying a styling product, such as mousse or hairspray, before using wave setting clips can help enhance the longevity and hold of your curls.
- Practice makes perfect. Like any new skill, using wave setting clips may require some practice. Don’t get discouraged if your first few attempts don’t turn out perfectly. With time and practice, you’ll become a pro at using wave setting clips.
- Take care of your clips. Properly clean and store your wave setting clips to ensure their longevity. This will also help maintain their effectiveness in creating waves and curls.
- Experiment with different hairstyles. Wave setting clips can be used to create a variety of hairstyles, so don’t be afraid to get creative and try out different looks.
With these tips and a bit of practice, you’ll soon discover that wave setting clips are indeed easy to use, even for beginners. So go ahead and give them a try – you’ll be amazed at the gorgeous waves and curls you can create without any heat or complicated styling techniques.