What is a Steam Generator Iron?
A steam generator iron is a powerful and efficient ironing appliance that produces a continuous flow of high-pressure steam. Unlike traditional irons, which rely on a small water tank placed directly on top of the iron, a steam generator iron has a separate base unit that houses a large water tank and a boiler.
How Does a Steam Generator Iron Work?
The water in the steam generator iron’s base unit is heated by an electric element, which generates steam. The steam is then pumped through a hose and into the iron’s soleplate, where it is released onto the fabric. The high-pressure steam helps to relax the fibers of the fabric, making it easier to remove wrinkles and creases.
Benefits of Using a Steam Generator Iron
1. Faster Ironing: The continuous flow of steam from a steam generator iron allows for faster and more efficient ironing. The high-pressure steam penetrates deep into the fabric, making it easier to remove stubborn wrinkles.
2. Superior Results: Steam generator irons are known for their ability to produce professional-quality results. The powerful steam output helps to remove even the toughest creases, leaving your clothes looking crisp and smooth.
3. Less Physical Strain: The steam generated by a steam generator iron helps to reduce the amount of effort required during ironing. The high-pressure steam does most of the work for you, gliding effortlessly over the fabric and producing better results with less physical strain.
4. Versatility: Steam generator irons are designed to be versatile and can be used on a wide range of fabrics, including delicate materials like silk and lace. The variable steam settings and temperature controls allow you to adjust the iron to suit different types of fabrics, ensuring that you achieve the best results every time.
5. Time-Saving: The continuous steam flow and larger water tank capacity of a steam generator iron means that you won’t need to refill the water tank as often compared to a traditional iron. This saves time and allows you to complete your ironing tasks more efficiently.
Important Features to Consider When Choosing a Steam Generator Iron
1. Steam Pressure: Look for a steam generator iron with a high steam pressure, as this will ensure a powerful and efficient performance.
2. Water Tank Capacity: Consider the size of the water tank, as a larger capacity will allow for longer ironing sessions without the need to refill.
3. Steam Output: Check the steam output of the iron, as a higher output will mean more steam and a better performance on tough wrinkles.
4. Soleplate Material: Choose an iron with a soleplate made from a durable and non-stick material, such as stainless steel or ceramic.
5. Temperature Controls: Look for an iron with adjustable temperature controls, as this will allow you to tailor the iron to suit different fabrics.